About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Leaving Disney and Heading Home




We rode home in the RV with Diane and Craig.  I had to be back for an appointment or work or something.  Joel had to be back for school and Brad was expecting us back by Sunday because we only had babysitter plans for the other 2 kids thru the weekend.  Unfortunately we would be driving into an ice storm on our way back.  Not anything anyone wanted to knowingly drive into, but we went for it anyway.  Craig did a great job driving and drove long hours and got us back home safe and sound. 

Entertaining Joel the whole trip was a little harder.  Usually when we travel the kids help entertain each other.  Diane and I were Joel’s entertainment and short of watching movies or playing on the ipad for hours there wasn’t much to do.  It got to the point that Joel was tired of doing those things, which amazed me, but I guess everyone has their limits.

We were all very happy to get home and Brad, Vincent and Cecilia were happy we were home.  Cecilia had really bonded with Brad and turned into a daddy’s girl when I was gone and I was thrilled about it!  Joel was excited to show his siblings what we got them while we were in Disney.  Brad told me about all the fun they had while we were gone, including going to a fun fair with my cousin Kristy and her boys.  He told me how easy it was having just Vincent and Cecilia.  I told him about how it was weird only having 1 kid, but even with the one kid how difficult things could be.  Life with Joel is a lot easier than it used to be, but living with a kid on the autism spectrum is still not super easy; especially when you take him out of his normal environment and schedule.

*pictures to come later*

No comments:

Post a Comment