About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A New Doctor




Sometime between February and March I decided we needed a new pediatrician.  We had been going to the same one since Vincent was born and I liked them, but they never seemed to remember anything about any of the kids or that I had multiple kids from visit to visit.  The receptionist was great, the nurses were great, the doctors were smart but I needed someone that remembered something about the kids from visit to visit.  Plus when it came to helping with Joel’s autism and writing letters to the insurance company they weren’t very helpful.  A friend and several local moms on Facebook recommended another pediatrician.  It was a slightly farther drive, but I was willing to give it a try since the doctor was so highly recommended.

Our first visit was for Joel’s 4 year checkup.  I told her that he was on the autism spectrum and she was well versed in Autism.  She was asking me questions about behavior that was common for kids on the spectrum like picky eating and difficulty sleeping, before I could even ask her question about it.  She examined Joel without him freaking out and made me feel like we were on the right track with everything and was willing to take my concerns about Joel snoring seriously.  Not only that but she told me if I ever need her to write anything for the insurance company she would be happy to. It made my day.  I left that doctor’s office so excited and so grateful for all the people that recommended our new pediatrician.

Three months later when I was there for Vincent’s checkup she seemed to remember our family and was just as good with Vincent.  Totally worth the extra driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment