About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Day 3: Animal Kingdom with Joel



We brought Joel to Animal Kingdom the day after Magic Kingdom.  My plan was just to go to one park, but Brad convinced me try Animal Kingdom and that Joel would be fine.  Why I let him convince me (when he wasn’t even with us) I don’t know.  Turns out Joel hated 75% of his day at Animal Kingdom.  For starters he was exhausted from being up to all hours of the night enjoying Magic Kingdom.  Followed by not really loving looking at the animals and most of the rides he was too short to go on.  He did love the dinosaur dig park and sand box and probably would have stayed there all day.   


We had a fast pass for the Nemo musical and I thought Joel would love that because he really likes the movie Nemo.  We go in the theater early and got good seats up toward the stage.  All of which was great until I discovered that the giant puppets and props they used were freaking Joel out.  Joel was trying to run away and we were in the middle of a row, so that wasn’t going to work.  Joel covered his eyes and I squeezed him tight and kept him in my arms for the whole show. 


At one point Joel was so tired and just mad about everything that we thought going on the African Safari ride to see the animals would make him happy.  Wrong again!  He yelled and argued about everything we said.  “Joel look there is a elephant”  He would sit up look around and yell “That not an elephant” and lay back down.  After one attempt I just let him lay there and pout.  Grandma Diane tried a little harder, but he kept being belligerent.  Not 10 minutes after getting off the ride and getting in the stroller he was sound asleep, so we decided to leave.  It wasn’t worth staying any longer.  If I go back to Disney I will either skip Animal Kingdom with Joel or make sure he isn’t tired when we go.

*pictures to come later*

No comments:

Post a Comment