About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Withdrawals



Cecilia had her world rocked these last couple weeks; I decided she was done nursing.  She was only nursing 1-2 times a day for a while which was fine with me.  Then she started becoming rude about it.  She would reach down my shirt and try to help herself whenever she was a little thirsty.  It didn’t matter if we were out in public, she was determined to nurse.  When I would tell her “no”, she would then arch her back and throw a fit.  It was ridiculous!  It turns out she is as determined as her brothers when there is something she really wants.

Cecilia taking a bath!


Cecilia trying to get me!


So a couple Sundays ago I decided she was finished!  She is over 13 months old and is plenty old enough to drink milk.  The problem is she really doesn’t like cow’s milk.  A week before I decided to wean her we started slowly increasing the amount of cow’s milk in her bottle.  She was not a fan and if even an ounce of cow milk was in the bottle she would refuse to drink it.  For the last two weeks we have tried skim, 2%, and whole milk.  She doesn’t love any of them, but when she was really desperate she would give in and drink her bottle.


Cecilia feeding herself yogurt



Cecilia stealing pretzels from the table


Last Monday we ran out of our frozen supply and Cecilia was not happy!  Then on Wednesday I learned that Diane had 3 bags of frozen milk at her house.  She has been known to hoard it!  Last Wednesday when I warmed up some of the frozen milk for Cecilia, she was beside herself.  She was shaking and grunting and couldn’t be any happier.  She had gone without a bottle for a couple days and she was so excited to have a bottle that she liked.  


Feeding herself a bottle


It was a rough week or so for Cecilia (and me)!  It has been two weeks and she has finally stopped shoving her hand down my shirt in an attempt to serve herself and she will even drink a bottle full of cow’s milk.  I have been joking that she is going through withdrawals.  It is hard to believe that Cecilia is over a year old and growing up so fast!


Table dancer


Side note:  Cecilia can say: hello, hi, dog-dog, apple, more, cracker, dadda, bye-bye, night-night, mom, ball, tickle, good girl and pancake.  She started feeding herself with a spoon.  She climbs on tables and loves to dance on top of them.  She likes anything her brothers like to do! 


Playing tractors







No comments:

Post a Comment