About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Restaurant at School


The preschoolers have been studying about food for a while now and they were getting ready to finish up their unit so they had an event at the school for the kids and their parents.  The kids had made name cards and place mats for their families and turned the cafeteria into a restaurant.  Each of the preschoolers took their families orders, gave the order to the teacher and then brought back food for their parents/families.  Brad and I both took Vincent to school for the event and it was very cute and it was fun to spend time with just Vincent.  The morning of the event Vincent was really worried that Brad wouldn't like it.  I asked him why and he said "Well, there won't be any beer and daddy likes beer.  There is only going to be grape juice and lemonade."  I assured him that Daddy liked lemonade and grape juice and that Daddy knows that beer is not allowed at school.  Vincent was ok with that answer but was sure to tell Brad that there wasn't going to be any beer at school that night.  Brad drinks about 1 beer a week, so I don't know why Vincent was so concerned about it!
 

Vincent getting our order with his teacher's help


Delivering our hotdogs, chips and fruit


During the event they have a lot of projects, games, books, and activities out that the kids have been using during the food unit so they can show their parents.  It was a lot of fun seeing what the kids have been up to everyday.  There was also some posters up that had questions the kids asked about food.  Vincent wanted to learn about why candy was bad for us.  They also asked what their favorite Thanksgiving food was and he said that his favorite food at Thanksgiving was a cookie.  I wasn’t there when he said it so I can't tell you if he was talking about the turkey cookies or the pizelles!  It would have been interesting to find out if he falls on the pro- or anti- pizelle half of the family.





I am grateful that Vincent has such wonderful caring teachers!




No comments:

Post a Comment