About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Eggs


Brad wanted to do something fun on Sunday and I suggested coloring Easter Eggs.  He was all for it!  I was super excited and I was more than happy to share the egg coloring duties.  Otherwise the kids and I would be coloring the eggs later in the week while Brad was working. Coloring eggs with kids is not a clean event.  There are spills and splashes and if you are lucky you end up with some eggs that look good and aren’t cracked.

Joel all ready to get started

Joel is so excited to have an egg in his whisk


Fun times!


What color to I use next?


Vincent almost done with the first round of eggs


Brad showing Vincent some tricks


Brothers hard at work.


I set everything up at the counter and the boys sat down and started working on their eggs.  I put Joel’s egg in a whisk and my hope was that it would be a less messy endeavor.  It worked really well for a little bit.  Joel was carefully swirling the eggs in the different colors and having fun.  He was jabbering to himself as he swirled each egg and changed colors at least 5 times per egg.  As time went by he decided to slam the whisk with the egg into each color and use it like a hammer in the bowls.  He was having a blast, and talking up a storm, but he was making a mess.   He did end up with some lovely pinkish brown eggs and stayed relatively clean.


Vincent and Daddy

Mommy and Joel


Joel and Mommy


Cecilia waiting patiently...sort of

Joel and his swirling technique


Vincent and his beautiful eggs


Brad coloring eggs


Vincent was having a lot of fun with the egg coloring too.  I had given each kid six eggs to start with and within five seconds Vincent had colored all of his eggs, one egg per bowl of dye.  That is when Brad decided to show him how to color the eggs with half one color and half another color.  It slowed Vincent down a little bit.  Vincent really just wanted to put the Angry Bird stickers that came with the kit on the eggs.   At one point Vincent accidentally spilled a bowl full of the egg color and it went all over the floor.  The bowl he spilled was blue.  The color that it turned on the floor was pink, I can’t explain that!  Poor Brad was a little stressed about the mess!  



Cecilia and her egg


Tiny hands


So excited to be destroying the egg



So much fun!


Why didn't they let me do this earlier?


Before we knew it they had colored the 20 eggs I had ready.  Brad and I didn’t get to color any eggs yet, so upon Brad’s request I boiled 18 more eggs.  By the time the eggs were boiled the kids were not very excited about it anymore and I think Brad finished most of the eggs with a little help from Vincent and me.  While we were coloring eggs Cecilia was playing in the kitchen, eating snacks in her highchair and climbing on top of the little table.  She wanted to help, but I didn’t want to let her help.  Cecilia was less than thrilled to be left out so I gave her a cracked egg to play with! 


Joel organizing a few of his eggs


All 4 of them ended up cracked


He was very proud of his eggs


I think over all everyone had fun.  I don’t think Brad will be so excited to color eggs with us next year.  The mess making abilities of the children had him a little stressed.  Somehow seeing Brad a little stressed over it made me a little more relaxed about the whole thing.  The down side is that I now have a refrigerator full of hard boiled eggs, no one really eats them, and the smell is making me gag every time I open the fridge.   At least we made some memories! 


The final product



The second tray!

No comments:

Post a Comment