About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Winter Fun in March!



All winter I have wanted a big snow storm.  My theory is that if it is going to be cold we might as well have snow around to make things look pretty and give us something to do outside.  On March 5th we got our snow storm.  That morning as Vincent realized that it was snowing so much outside that we couldn’t even see Uncle John’s house across the field, he ran up to me and said “Mommy your dream came true! There is snow everywhere!”  I had already been up and knew it was snowing and I was pretty happy about it.  It helped that I knew I didn’t have to leave the house to go anywhere that day.


Vincent in his snowsuit making the number 4 with his legs


Joel all ready to go outsied



We spent most of the day in the house because I didn’t want to take Cecilia outside.  Brad came home early that night and Cecilia was taking a late nap so Brad, the boys and I went outside to play in the 4-5 inches of snow.  I know that is really not a lot of snow, but it was the only significant snow we have had all winter.  We tried building a snowman but it wasn’t really working.  Joel and I started a snowball fight with Brad and Vincent and quickly realized we weren’t going to win!  We thought we had the upper hand because they were busy shoveling, but they got us good! 



Joel and Brad


Vincent shoveling


I suggested to Brad that we pack down the snow in front of the slide and make a ramp and then we could ride the sled down the slide.  I tried it out first and it was a lot of fun!   I wanted to keep “making sure it was safe” but the kids insisted that they needed a turn.  I did manage to convince Joel that he needed to ride with me a few times, but he caught on and did it himself.  We all had a lot of fun riding the sled down.  We also went down without the sled, our snow pants and made us go pretty fast too.  I took several videos!


The snow ramp at the end of the slide


After a while Joel was cold so I took him inside.  That is when Brad decided to pull the sled behind the 4 wheeler and let Vincent ride on it.  Vince had a blast and we watched him from inside the house.  He fell off a couple times but he got right back on with no crying!  I wanted to give it a try, but Cecilia was up by then and getting everyone dressed back up so I could try seemed like a lot of work and there would probably be a lot of crying involved.


Bristol


Maisy


Vincent insisted on wearing a one piece snowsuit someone gave us.  He insisted he would be warm wearing it over only his pajamas.  I tried to convince him to wear warmer clothes but he said “No!”  When he finally came inside after being outside for almost 2 hours I asked him if he was cold and he said “No Mommy, I was right this is warm!”  Now that it is the middle of March and I finally got the snowstorm I wanted I am ready for spring.


Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment