About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Dinner with Friends and a Wrestling Tournament



Last Saturday after work we headed to the Crawford’s to have dinner, spend time with friends for the evening, and let the kids run around and play.  Going to their house is always fun and relaxing.  I don’t have to worry about the kids getting into too much trouble or breaking anything.  Their house is fairly kid proof, and the kids play really well together and all of us adults get time to talk.  Usually it ends up with Heather and I talking and Erik and Brad off talking by themselves and we all take turns supervising the children.

At one point the kids were getting restless waiting for pizza, so Brad decided to get them wrestling.  He showed them how to position themselves and then would tell them to “go.”  Logan and Vincent were mostly the ones wrestling.  Joel would jump in every once in a while and try to help wrestle both Logan and Vincent.  Lexi tried a couple times to wrestle, but she seemed to like watching the boys be silly.  In the beginning Brad had to remind the kids several times that there was no hitting, pinching or biting, after a few reminders they did really well.  At one point Vincent wiped his nose on Logan’s pants and then proudly announced “I wiped my snot on you!”  We never specifically said you couldn’t wipe your snot on someone, so we had to add another rule to the wrestling.  They wrestled before and after dinner and loved it!  All four of the adults were enjoying watching the wrestling and cheering for the kids.  I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt!  I have no pictures from it but a lot of good videos.

Around 10pm I decided we should probably head home.  I told Vincent to go tell Daddy it was time to leave and we needed to warm up the truck.  Brad and Erik were upstairs and told Logan and Vincent to go outside to get the truck keys.  They tried and after 2 trips to the car without jackets on and some help from Brad they got the keys.  As they were all heading back to the house Brad looked and Logan and Vincent were sprawled out on the icy driveway.  It is unclear as to how they both fell, but they were both crying and upset.  Heather and I were downstairs and heard the crying.  I wanted to go upstairs and make sure everyone was ok, but the guys sent the boys outside and they were more than capable of taking care of the crying that resulted.  Everyone was ok!

Brad started the truck and about 25 minutes later we were ready to go.  The truck was no longer running because the remote start only lasts 10 minutes.  Brad took Cecilia and our bag out to the truck, strapped her into the carseat, and put the keys in the ignition and started the truck and closed the truck door that the boys had left open.  He came back in the house to grab Vincent and took him to the truck, but he shortly returned with Vincent!  The truck was locked with the keys and Cecilia in it!  Luckily it was running so Cecilia was not going to be cold.  I was in disbelief, it was 10:30pm, we were 1.5 hours from home, and my daughter was locked in the truck!

Heather and I lined the remaining four children up on the couch and let them watch movies in their pajamas while Erik went to work trying to unlock our truck.  Apparently he had experience in unlocking vehicles in the past and was successful.  After about 15 minutes he had our truck unlocked and we were on our way home.
It was a late night, but a very fun night!  We rarely go out, but of course we went out the same night that the time changed and we lost an hour of sleep.  It was a very rough morning on Sunday for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment