About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ride before you buy



We are looking for a horse for the boys to share.  Neither one of them can stay awake on a trail ride, so they are going to have to take turns.  We have the word out to a lot of people that we are looking for a dead broke horse that doesn’t have one leg in the grave.  Bailey’s passing has been traumatic enough for all of us and I don’t want to go through it again anytime soon!  We tried a horse last Sunday and while it turned out to not be what we want, we had fun trying him out.


Vincent taking his turn

The horse wasn't very big, but Vincent looks so small up there

Vincent being so brave

Being a goof!

We rode the horse around my in-laws’ indoor arena.  Vincent did a good job, but after awhile the horse stopped listening to Vincent unless Vincent told him to back up.  I have never seen someone back a horse up so much and have fun doing it.  Joel was nervous about riding, but once we got him in the saddle he did a great job.  Cecilia spent most of her time throwing a fit because she wanted to ride.  Once she finally got a chance to sit in the saddle she was all smiles.  We are still on the search for the perfect horse for our family, but at least we had a fun afternoon.



Cecilia, so happy!  I know the hat is dorky, first one I saw that morning.

Joel brushing the horse.  I helped him ride the horse, so I didn't get any pictures.


Joel having a lot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment