About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

FaceTime with Family

Technology is a wonderful thing most of the time.  Last night was one of those times!  I was able to FaceTime with my dad, Alyse and Jill with out the kids around to steal my phone.  Then when my dad insisted on seeing the children, who were sleeping, I was able to take my phone upstairs and show them Vincent sound asleep (as I am typing this it sounds a little creepy).  I am not brave enough to sneak in Joel or Cecilia's rooms, I would probably wake them up.

Last weekend they called us on FaceTime too.  The kids thought it was hilarious.  They were taking turns talking to my dad and sisters.  For some reason there was some sneezing going on and my sisters started pretend sneezing into the phone.  The boys were cracking up, and pretty sure their aunts were the funniest people ever! 

When the kids are involved FaceTime is great!  However, I prefer just talking on the phone.  Then you can be in your messy house, wearing ugly clothes, with your hair all over the place and kids hanging off you, and as long as there isn't too much screaming in the back ground it sounds like you have your act together.  A video chat of any kind ruins your cover and makes it quite obvious you have nothing together as children dart in and out of the screen shot still in pajamas at noon, and steal the phone and run around giving tours of the dirty house to people on the other end of the call.  That is the worst case scenario and those things would never happen around my house, but if they did it would be my luck that they would happen while I am on a video call.  Plus when you are on the phone you can hold it up to your ear with your shoulder and still have two hands free to wash dishes, type, wrangle children, etc.  With a video chat you are forced to hold the phone up and stare at the picture of yourself thinking "wow, do I really look like that?!" while you talk to your friends or family.

Like I said FaceTime or a video chat can be fun, but it is not for every phone call!


No comments:

Post a Comment