About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, March 11, 2013

Niece Time and the Trapeze


For Christmas Brad and I told Karoline and Kristine we would take them for a trapeze lesson.  Something totally new and outside their comfort zone, but they were excited and so were we!  I love going on the trapeze and I think that everyone should try it.  It is such a fun and freeing experience!  Again, I love it!


Brad may need longer pants!


Kristine, Karoline and Uncle Brad


Brad getting ready for his first turn



Everyone anxiously awaiting orientation



Brad, Kristine, Karoline, Joel and I headed into Chicago for the trapeze lesson.  Joel was spending some time with Aunt Alyse while we were having fun.  Vincent and Cecilia were staying back with Grandma Diane.  Kristine and Karoline were pretty quiet when we arrived for our lesson, but the instructors were so friendly, wonderful and helpful.  They really put you at ease. 


Brad flying


Brad doing a knee hang

Karoline climbing up for her first turn


Karoline about to jump

We staggered our turns so we had time to cheer each other on and take pictures.  Even though Brad and I got the girls all the way to Chicago, in the armory for their trapeze lesson, their safety harnesses on, and their orientation completed I wasn’t 100% sure that once they climbed the ladder they would actually jump off the platform.  They jumped 6 times and I am pretty sure they enjoyed it!  Although they haven’t committed to going again.  Brad and I were even more proud of Kristine and Karoline because even though they struggled doing the tricks they had a great attitude and kept trying their hardest.  I am convinced it they had a 7th turn they would have been able to get the full trick, either way they both mastered the back flip which is pretty awesome!  This was also the first time Brad has ever been on the trapeze and he did a great job too and even made a catch!


Karoline getting some pointers


Karoline's second turn...looking good!

Kristine getting ready to jump


Kristine


After we had our lesson we took the CTA to attempt to get lunch.  I think Karoline and Kristine were more nervous about that than going on the trapeze.  While we were getting on the CTA we saw an elderly blind man jump the turn style.  It took him a few tries to get his leg over it and according to the attendant it wasn't the first time he had ever done it.  We couldn’t believe what we were watching.  We never made it to get lunch before getting Joel but we took the CTA to Alyse’s apartment and picked up Joel and headed home with a lunch stop before we all wasted away! 



Brad


Kristine the moment she jumped


Karoline so close to doing a knee hang


Kristine


When we watched the videos that night Vincent kept telling me how good I was at doing the trapeze.  It is pretty great to have a small cheerleader who thinks you are the best at something, even when  you aren’t!  Even better when he says I did a better job than Brad!


Kristine flipping off the net


Kelli getting caught


Kelli




No comments:

Post a Comment