My mother in law had purchased a yearling stallion (a boy horse that is 1 year old) and wanted him castrated. I agreed to do it if Marji, a friend of ours that is also a vet, would do the surgery with me. When the day arrived Diane took the kids inside and Craig came up to the barn to help Marji and me. When you castrate a horse it is always a good idea to have 1 or 2 people to help hold the horse.
Marji and I each did half of the castration and it went well. After I went home I was thinking about the day. Here are some of the phrases that were said that day:
"Wow, he is really sucking those testicles up there"
"Those testicles are really slippery"
"Sorry we got some testicle juice on your phone"
Not statements you generally make or hear everyday but for veterinarians it isn't unusual. The last one was directed at my father in law as Marji wiped off his cell phone that we were using for a clock. Not something I ever pictured having to say to my father in law. Craig didn't seem too phased by it!

No comments:
Post a Comment