About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, April 13, 2012

A day off!

I don't get to go out with my friends (without children) very often, so when the opportunity presents itself I get very excited!  Saturday was my friend Kelly's bachelorette party and I had been looking forward to it since the invitation arrived in the mail.  As soon as the invite arrived I told Brad about it and asked him if he could watch the kids.  The general answer for anything April-July and Sept-Dec is "it depends on if we are in the field."  This time though Brad said "sure, that shouldn't be a problem."  I actually made him promise 3 times that even if they were in the field he would come home to watch the kids.  I made sure Grandma Diane was available for back up.  One way or another I was getting to have a day out with friends. 

The bride!

Brad kept his promise and came home from Farmer City Friday night so he could watch the kids.  It was the first time he had all 3 alone for an extended period of time.  I sent Brad a text at one point to tell him I was starting the trek home and he said "don't come home early on our account we're rolling like a finely greased locomotive." 


Heather, Me and Cassie


Marji and Heather causing trouble with people at the other roof top

So how did we spend our day?  We went to the Wrigley Rooftops to watch the Cubs vs. Nationals followed by visiting a couple bars.  The Cubs lost, but we had a great time!  It was one of the best bachelorette parties I have been to.


Kelly and Marji


Kelly and Kelli

Kelly, Amanda and Me

I have to confess that I did leave early because I knew if I was out all night that there was no way I would be able to function on Easter.   Rumor has it even more fun occurred after I left!


Something was really funny

No comments:

Post a Comment