About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Camping: Take 2!

We decided to try out the motor home again this weekend.  We went up to my inlaws and camped in what everyone calls the woods.  It is just the back part of the pasture that actually has trees.  It is not densely wooded but it has more trees than anywhere else on the property.  It is a really beautiful spot!

Craig and Brad had to take down some low tree branches so we could get back there safely in the motor home.  The kids were super excited and so was Brad.  I was a little hesitant because I really wanted sleep!  It turned out well.  Joel spent the night in the pack 'n play and slept all night!  Vince opted to try out the top bunk and slept until the sun was barely coming up over the horizon, but that is normal for him.  He seems to enjoy announcing "the sun is up" the second the sun comes up over the horizon.  Cecilia slept as well as she always does.  I however woke up on my own at 4 am because it was pouring outside complete with thunder and lightning!

I didn't think it was supposed to rain!  There are a couple different areas that get really slick on the path to the woods and if it rained the motor home would be stuck if we tried to move it.  I woke Brad up to tell him it was raining and he said "I know."  In the morning we left for church in my pickup truck.  We were sliding a bit in the mud even in 4 wheel drive.  I was a little concerned we would slide right down the hill at one point.  Brad did a great job driving and got us out of the mess safely.  The truck was disgusting!

When Brad and I were dating he borrowed the pickup truck I had at the time and went to the Farm Progress Show that ended up being cancelled because there was so much rain and it was a muddy mess there.  At the time he had a corvette and didn't want to get it dirty.  My truck was a mess I am told but I never saw it because Brad took it to the car wash and when I saw it it was spotless.  Brad was actually a little nervous to tell me what happened because we had only been dating about 2 months.

I reminded Brad that last time he went mudding in my truck he washed it for me.  With a big smile on his face he said "you are right and we were dating."  I guess I will have to wash my own truck sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment