Joel loves Angry Birds and loves to make noises like the green pigs. He thinks they are hysterical and I think it is a riot listening to him make the piggy noise. For his birthday he got some items with Angry Birds on them. On Wednesday Vince convinced me that it wasn't too windy outside to fly one of Joel's Angry Bird kites. Joel had 3! Two big ones that were really nice and a super tiny cute one. We took 1 of the big ones and the little one outside.
 |
| Vine flying the kite |
 |
| The kite almost stuck in a tree in the backyard |
I had actually resisted flying the kites and told him it was too windy out. Vince said "but Mom, you need wind to fly a kite." I said "good point!" Cecilia was sleeping so the boys and I went outside. It took several tries but we managed to get the big kite flying. We never did get the little kite to fly very well. The boys enjoyed running around with it so it didn't really matter.
 |
| The kite high above our house |
Vince and I had the red Angry Bird kite flying pretty well. It was out as far as it could go and Vince and I took turns holding onto the handle. Everything was going great and I asked Vince to hold on to the kite so I could get the little kite going for Joel. A few minutes later I turned around and he was walking toward me and saying "Uh, Mommy!" and pointing to the tree. There was the handle for the kite string. Where was the kite? In the very top of the sycamore tree that is in the front of the house. We were in the backyard!
 |
| The kite stuck in the top of the sycamore tree |
 |
| The handle stuck in a tree in the backyard |
As of today the kite is still in the tree. The string and handle have migrated into one of the gutters and stretches over our house and to the kite.
 |
| I am pretty sure it is never coming down! |
No comments:
Post a Comment