About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Surprise Visit!

This morning my dad called me and I didn't answer.  Honestly, I just didn't hear the phone.  So he started sending texts.  It turns out he had a slow day at the office, at least that is what he told me, so he drove out for a visit.  It was a wonderful surprise!  If my dad had his way we would live next to him and then he would never have to drive to see us.  Driving is not an activity he enjoys.  He showed up with gummy bears and worms for the boys.  I think Vince ate 2/3 of them and my dad and I ate the other 1/3.  Joel didn't like them at all, which surprised me.  He was happier eating peas and I am not going to complain about that!

My dad got to enjoy a nice day with the boys, complete with playing 4 different games and starting a puzzle all in 20 minutes or less, seeing the newest member of our family "Lickety" the frog, watching Vince do "tricks" on the slides and playing golf.   My dad gave Vince a golfing toy for Christmas and we just now got it out to play with it.  The kids get too many gifts at Christmas and their birthdays so I hide some of them and bring them out on rainy days or any other time I find a reason.  I need to change my hiding spot though because Vince knows where it is and sometimes helps himself!  My dad was reading Vince a book on the couch, but my dad kept changing the words.  Vince was not happy.  After a little while he said "Nanno you reading it wrong" grabbed the book and brought it over for me to read.  It is important to have Nanno around to encourage things like drinking applesauce out of a straw, licking applesauce and ketchup off the plate, and sucking peas off the plate.  Hopefully those are skills Vince keeps at home and doesn't take out in public!

It was great having Nanno around for the part of the day!  Especially when we were just hanging out at home and he could see the boys in their natural habitat.


Lickety the frog


Vince and  Lickety
Drinking applesauce

Playing on the slides.  Vince's goal was to crash Joel.

No comments:

Post a Comment