About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Rain, Rain, Rain

We had a lot of rain around here yesterday in a very short period of time.  I knew it was supposed to rain, but I wasn't expecting to see as much flooding as I did.  I usually drive our beetle to work and today I was wishing I had the truck.  Creeks were over their banks and flowing across the roads, ditches were overflowing and filling roads in town with water this morning.  It was kind of crazy driving thru all of it.  One field actually had waves on it and it really looked like a lake!  Then on my way home from work the roads were all clear.  Hopefully it continues to improve because we have a lot of water in many of our fields and what looks like lakes and rivers in other fields.  The poor little corn won't have much of a chance of surviving in the "lakes" and unfortunately some of the lakes are in areas that my brother in law just finished replanting corn.

With all the storms we lost power at work.  Luckily it was before I started any of my surgeries, but it made for an interesting day.  We depend so much on our computers for so many things, which is really wonderful, but it is hard to do anything when they aren't working.  The power came back after 2pm and then the phones started ringing like crazy!  A full days worth of calls in 1/2 a day.

The photos are from my iphone while I was driving around at lunch checking out the damage and reporting back to Brad.  Theses are pictures from 1 field.  I didn't have time to stop and take pictures of all of them, and after awhile it all looked the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment