About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Farming Update

I just wanted to let you know that for this post when I say "we" I don't actually mean me, I mean our farming entity.  Not that I can't drive a tractor, help move equipment around, or deliver parts or food, but I stay home and try to hold down the fort and keep things in order.  Emphasis on try!

Last week we got done planting which was great.  With Brad's sprayer getting stuck and the rain that followed he wasn't able to get back in the field until yesterday to finish.  So as of yesterday the first round of spraying is done!  This only means the Roundup Round of spraying can start tomorrow.  The farm is also busy with beginning to side dress corn to give it an extra boost of nitrogen to maximize yields.  We are also mowing ditches and still delivering some of last years corn to market.  We are still hoping for a few drowned out holes of corn to dry off enough to replant some corn back into them.  This may be wishful thinking as more rounds of rain may be on the way.

I have enjoyed Brad being home before 8pm most of this week.  It is really nice for the boys to have a chance to play with him.  Plus, I get really tired of racing around the dining room table all night with the boys by myself.  At least when Brad is home I only have to run in every other race.

No comments:

Post a Comment