About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Good Parenting?

This week in addition to the VBS fun we have been having, Joel, Brad and I have been fighting colds.  Unfortunately for Joel his came with the a fever that has lasted 3 days.  Joel has been miserable and I feel terrible for him.  Being the good parent I am and knowing that he is sick I have adjusted his bedtime....I have been keeping him up late due to VBS.  His normal bedtime is between 8-8:30pm.  If he doesn't get to bed on time he gets mean.  I am not joking!  He will pull hair, he will pinch and bite and then laugh an evil laugh when you react to his antics.  The problem is he mostly does this with me, but I am also the one he wants when he is tired.  Last night after VBS the weather was bad (thunderstorms, tornado warnings, etc), so several of us stayed in the church basement until almost 9pm.  Confining Joel in the basement, while he is tired, sick and grumpy was ok for awhile.  Then I got tired of the biting and handed him off to Brad to put Joel in the stroller.  Joel did not take it well and just screamed and cried, he is very dramatic.  I felt bad for anyone who had to listen to it.  Joel is a good kid and a lot of fun, but if it is after 8:30pm watch out!

Vince on the other hand was having a blast in the basement! We were in a small hallway and he had everyone's attention whenever he wanted it.  It doesn't get much better than that for him.  By the time we all got home everyone but Vince was exhausted!  We immediately put Joel to bed and Brad and I laid on the couch.  Vince knew he had total control and that neither one of us could move fast enough to stop him.  It started with him getting a small tupperware container of cantaloupe and feeding Brad and I.  Then Vince went and put crackers in the container and made us pretend PB&J cracker sandwiches.  Then he filled his container will water, put it on the living room floor and lapped up water like a dog, he wanted us to do the same things but it wasn't going to happen.   At this point Brad and I realized it was after 9:30 and things were getting out of control.  We started telling Vince to take of his clothes, use the bathroom and put on a pullup for bed.  After 5 min and several threats his clothes were off.  On his way to the bathroom he walked past me and said "Mommy I pee on you."  Brad yelled at Vince while I laid there trying not to laugh, but it wasn't working.  The harder I tried not to laugh, the harder I laughed.  Luckily for all of us Vince ran to the bathroom and left me and the couch alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment