About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Praying for Kenley

Over Memorial Day Weekend an acquaintance of mine from high school's 20 month old daughter fell from a 5 foot high playground platform.  She fractured her skull and was airlifted from the local hospital to a Children's Hospital and had surgery while her parents where making the almost 3 hour drive to the hospital.  Since Monday she has had 2 surgeries.  They have been fighting a rising intracranial pressure, high blood pressure, etc.  Today she had the 2nd surgery and she also suffered a stroke.  The family is clinging to their faith as their daughter is fighting for her life.  Below is a link to the caring bridge page they have for her if you want to read the whole story and read the updates on how she is doing.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kenleymartin1
I had told Brad about Kenley when it first happened and Vince overheard us and asked who was hurt, so I explained it in terms he could understand.  Every night since then he has included Kenley in his prayers.  Yesterday he also started including Kenley's Mommy in his prayers.  Yesterday after praying for them he said "I not know them.  I never been to their house"  I told him "I know, but they still need our prayers."  It melts my heart listening to him pray for someone he has never met and probably never will meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment