Last night I went to my friend's wedding, and Brad and the boys went to VBS and then came home. When I got home both boys were sound asleep. I am not going to lie, it was nice missing out on the bedtime routines. I love reading the stories and listening to prayers and singing songs, but with Brad's schedule the last few months I am the one who has been doing the bedtime routine solo. It was a nice break to miss out on it! I didn't realize the full benefits until this morning. Vince always yells for me and wakes me up in the morning and leaves Brad alone. This morning he was yelling "Daddy" and only wanted "Daddy." I am sure Brad loved it and it was nice being able to stay in bed for a couple extra minutes. Once Vince realized I was home he told me "Mommy, I missed you so much!" The way he was acting it was like I had been gone for days. It was cute!
While we were all laying in bed Vince noticed that Brad had hair on his chest. At about the same time Brad went downstairs to get Joel something to drink. Vince turned to me and said "Why Daddy have hair there? He should put it on his head so I can brush it." After a little giggling I told him that some people don't have hair on their head and when that is the case it is called being bald. When Brad came back upstairs Vince asked him "Daddy, why you have hair on your lips?" (Brad has a goatee) Brad replied "Because it looks cool". Vince responded with "But it needs to be on your head so you not bald. I not like you bald." I was finding more humor in it that Brad did. Got to love a child's honesty!

hahahahaha. so cute!
ReplyDeleteahaahha see you guys wed!! :)
ReplyDelete