For starters Brad is an excellent dad. I was out of town last week for 3 days and he had the kids. Our babysitting arrangements changed last minute and made his life a little harder but he did great! He had to run the kids around to appointments and school, get kids to the sitter, work, etc. Basically he got a taste of what I have to do when he is out of town. I didn't leave him with pre-made meals or a list of instructions. I did have the kids clothes laid out and I told him everyone's schedule, but there was no list. He did such a great job. It was good for everyone, myself included!
Secondly, Brad is one great assistant in the kitchen. For Thanksgiving I ended up bringing 6 pies. Three of them were apple pies and he is the one who cuts and peels the apples. Granted he has a Pampered Chef apple corer-peeler machine, but he is nice enough to stay up with me while I bake them. Plus, he is the main dishwasher in our house. I don't really love washing dishes and he doesn't love straightening up the house so it all works out.
| Helping make apple pie |
Brad is also really handy. He spends a ridiculous amount of time making sure the kids always have a working toy guitar around. We have two in the house and the kids usually break the neck of the guitar after a week or so. They try to be gentle, but they are little and their version of gentle isn't always gentle. He takes the broken guitar to the basement, glues it and leaves it setting down there until the one upstairs breaks and then the cycle starts over. If it were my choice I probably would have tossed the guitars in the garbage by now.
| Guitar with a broken string |
| Broken guitar |
And as I sit here he is fixing our player piano! As far as I know he has never worked on a piano before, but he opened it up and has decided that he can fix it. The good news he has managed to fix the volume control, so our neighbors can no longer hear the piano when it is on. As far as I can tell from my comfy spot on the couch he has also fixed the control that changes the speed the roll is played. It was playing everything kind of slow and it sounded terrible, you could hardly tell what song it was playing.
| Brad and the piano |
I am sure there are other things to fix on the piano that I don't know about but I was really impressed that Brad decided to attempt to fix the piano on his own. I am blessed to be married to such a wonderful, capable, loving man!
| The inner workings of a player piano |
Ok, so after I posted this Brad comes over to me (with the piano sounding great in the background) and tells me that the piano is bloggable. I told him I just posted a blog about it and then he tells me his secret to making the piano work....Anti Monkey Butt Powder! I am told the piano needed to be lubed up and the Anti Monkey Butt Powder did the trick. Brad is pretty sure he is a genius! I am glad I had no idea what he was doing, I may of freaked out a little bit.
| Anti Monkey Butt Powder |

I don't know, Kelli. Brad in the kitchen? Seems like a stretch. Does he wash his hands???
ReplyDelete