About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, December 14, 2012

A Double Date

For a few weeks Heather and I have been planning a double date of sorts.  The plan was that they would come to our house with their kids.  I would find a babysitter and the adults would all go shopping and out to lunch.  I was excited to have some fun with friends and get a little Christmas shopping done.

Kellen was our babysitter and she had a big job in front of her.  She was in charge of 4 very busy children, friends who hadn't seen each other in a couple months, 2 two year olds, a 4 year old and a 5 year old.  The original plan was Cecilia would stay at home with them, but I value Kellen's sanity, so Cecilia joined us on our shopping trip.

We were able to have a nice lunch and we were able to visit several stores that I couldn't normally get through with all my helpers.  During our shopping trip Cecilia turned into a pterodactyl and was squawking and saying "hi" to everyone.  She was a little out of control.  It was fun just spending time with her without her brothers around.

At two different stores that we went to we saw people shopping with their dogs.  We were not at pet stores.  In one store they were carrying a couple puppies.  I am not sure why no one stopped them, but it isn't my business.  In the last store we went to I had Cecilia in her pouch and she was napping.  As I turned the corner I saw a guy wearing a pouch, except there wasn't a kid in it, there was a dog!  I tried to not act shocked and casually looked at Heather and by the look on her face I could tell she saw the same thing I did.  We went over to our husbands and pointed out the man and his dog.  They were a little less quiet with their opinions, but still quiet enough that the man and his dog didn't hear them.  My first question is Why?  My second question is did no one see him walk in the store wearing a dog and think to stop him?  I love dogs, but being at Wal-Mart and shopping with your dog seems a bit much.

When we got home Kellen said the kids were pretty good.  There were a few instances were she had to get after the kids but it sounded like Kellen had things under control!  It was a great day and we all got to spend time with our friends.

Maybe this is a new Christmas time tradition?


No comments:

Post a Comment