About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Church Christmas Program

Sunday at church the Sunday School kids along with their wonderful director, Diana, put on a Christmas program that they had been working on for several weeks.  Vincent was in it and he was a sheep.  They sang several songs and then during a game show portion of the program Vincent and the other sheep were buzzers and had to "baa" when someone pushed on their heads.  Cecilia was also in the program.  She was baby Jesus!  She was a little big for a new born baby, but she is bald so it works.  Although at one point she clapped for herself and I am thinking Jesus didn't do that the night he was born.  Keith, Karoline and Kristine were also in the play.  Karoline was Mary, Keith was a shepherd (he pushed on Vincent's head so he would baa), and Kristine was something.  I didn't get to watch the program very much so I am not sure what part she had exactly but they all seemed to do a wonderful job.

Because we were having the Christmas program my mom, Dave, my dad, Azra, Jill, Kasi, Kennidy, Bianca, Jill, Grandma Pat and Papa all came in addition to the family members that already attend our church.  I was supposed to be in the nursery on Sunday, but I wanted to see the play.  There are generally only 3 kids in the nursery: Joel, Cecilia and Maggie.  Maggie is our babysitter Amy's
daughter.  Amy and I brought the kids up to the balcony and my plan was that they would play and walk around, watch the play if they wanted to and for the most part have fun. 

They are all so adorable!

As you are probably guessing that isn't exactly how it went.  Maggie almost fell of a step on top of Cecilia and I caught her, sort of.  Cecilia fell backwards under a pew and started crying.  Joel had my iPhone and the idea was he would watch Mickey Mouse very quietly on it and be happy.  He is always stealing my phone to do that and I thought it would entertain him.  On Sunday he decided he didn't want my phone and he would rather lean over the balcony and say "Hello, down there" repeatedly.  I tried to keep him quiet but I was secretly very excited that he was putting a 3 word sentence together without just mimicking someone.  Finally my dad and Jill waved to him and he stopped for awhile. 


Toward the end I had to bring Cecilia downstairs for her part.  Then Vincent saw me downstairs and wanted to sit by me, then Joel noticed I wasn't with him upstairs and started yelling for me.  Joel won and I ran back upstairs to get him.  He was barefooted by then and wanted to go to the nursery, so I let him.  I went and turned the light on for him and spent the last 5-10 minutes of the program up and down the stairs checking on him in the nursery and Cecilia in front of the church.  When the program was pretty much over my sister Kasi went to the nursery to watch Joel until church was officially over.


Grandma Dawn, Vincent, and Aunt Jill


I anticipated not being able to enjoy the program on Sunday, so Brad used the video camera to record the play and when I finally watch it then I will know what part Kristine had in the program!


No comments:

Post a Comment