About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Tree Time

Sunday December 2nd we went Christmas tree shopping.  It was 68 degrees out!  It was the best weather I have ever had for getting a Christmas tree.  It was kind of like we were in Florida or something.  Brad even commented "is global warming all that bad?"  I am not going to lie it was a little bizarre thinking about Christmas when it was so warm out but I really enjoyed not freezing while shopping for the tree.  Last year we just picked out the first half way decent tree we could find.  This year we were able to shop around a little bit without anyone freezing.


Joel and Brad on our way to get a tree

Vincent, me and Cecilia


Joel, Brad and Vincent walking to find a tree


On Monday night Brad put the lights on the tree and Tuesday the kids and I put the ornaments on the tree.  The kids (especially Vincent) are so excited for Christmas.  He wants to make ornaments, open presents, make cookies, decorate and do everything Christmas related in a span of about 5 hours.  I keep trying to explain that we need to do a little bit every day, and he is slowly starting to be ok with that.


The first tree the boys picked, we convinced them to keep looking.


Joel, Vincent and Brad


Joel, me, Cecilia (arching her back and trying to escape) and Vincent

Since last year Vincent has been asking for a train around the Christmas tree.  I have always thought that would be cool, but the thought of having to fix it for the kids every five minutes isn't appealing.  So on December 1st after a long sad day around our house Brad and I agreed that it would be a fun idea to let the kids have the small Christmas tree in their room and to put the ride-on battery operated train from the yucky barn in Vincent's room.  His room is huge and we always play in there anyway.



Brad cleaning the train.  So many spiders!


Joel checking out the tree in Vincent's room

It took some cleaning on Brad's part to get the train ready but it looks so cute and all three kids love it.  It has become part of our bed time routine.  Everyone gets to go around 2 times before bed.  Plus, it is helping them learn to take turns.  Joel and Vince do a great job of taking turns but Cecilia gets mad when I take her off of the train.  When it isn't her turn she crawls onto the track so no one can use the train and squawks like a pterodactyl.  She is really out of control!


Cecilia wearing her Christmas hat


Cecilia checking out the nativity


Cecilia removing a button from Joel's stocking

Joel is adorable when he rides on the train and says "All aboard choo train!"  Which is 4 words strung together that he came up with on his own and that is a big deal in our house!


The kid's tree before ornaments.  Joel riding the train.

I am really looking forward to Christmas this year.  On Sunday morning I asked Vincent if he knew why we celebrated Christmas and he said "it is Jesus's birthday!"  Then I asked "what kind of gift could we give Jesus for his birthday?"  Vincent said "We can be nice to other people!"  So happy that he really gets what it is about.  Don't get me wrong he is still really concerned about what presents he is getting, but at least he understands there is more to it.


Joel and a Christmas hat.  Blurry!






Joel, Brad and Vincent unpacking Christmas decorations

No comments:

Post a Comment