About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Train

On Sunday December 2nd, after Christmas tree shopping and driving Ray we met up with my grandparents to go to the Christmas Train in Waterman.  We have never been there before but you could ride a small train around and look at all the Christmas lights they have set up along the tracks.  Afterwards you could go inside and get some popcorn and meet Santa.  It was all very cute and FREE!  The couple that runs the train does so because they want to and out of the goodness of their hearts.

When we arrived there was a very long line to ride the train.  My grandfather can't stand for very long or walk very far.  The owner of the Christmas train saw my grandparents pull into the handicap parking spot and told them to come to the front of the line whenever they were ready.  They told him they were waiting for us and he said we could join them at the front of the line as well.  Actually he said if we wanted another ride to just come back to the front of the line.  We all piled in the train and off we went.  It was fun and the kids loved it!  They loved it so much they went back to the front of the line again to take a second ride with Grandpa Pat and Brad.


Santa, Cecilia, Vincent and Joel (throwing a fit)


While we were there we thought we would have the kids get their picture with Santa.  Then I would get to avoid the mall for yet another year!  It wasn't pretty a couple years ago when I took Vincent and Joel to see Santa.  Joel was just a baby and I stopped by the mall on the way home from the sitter's on a Friday night.  It was so cold outside!  We went into the mall and Vince had a huge fit because while we were standing in line a train (that you could ride on) was driving around and I told him we couldn't ride it.  Well, a huge fit started.  I was holding Joel and Vincent was alternating between throwing a fit on the ground and running out of the Santa line.  After 5 minutes I decided it was ridiculous to put anyone through this and we left.  It sounds easy but Vincent finally had to be picked up and carried though the mall and his coat wrestled back on him before we went back to the car.  At one point I was carrying both kids.  It was not pretty!


Santa, Cecilia, Vincent, Mommy and Joel (he is super happy)


This visit to Santa was a little different.  Vincent patiently waited in line and sat right next to Santa and told him what he wanted.  Cecilia sat on Santa's lap and didn't cry.  Joel talked about Santa and was happy right up until he had to sit near him.  Santa was sitting on a bench and I put Joel as far away as possible, but it wasn't enough.  I even sat with him to get a picture.  Joel didn't care that I was sitting with him, he just wanted to get away from Santa.  I didn't think it was going to go well in the first place, but I wanted to try anyway.  Maybe next year or maybe never!

It was fun to see Grandma Pat and Papa!  Thanks for inviting us along!

No comments:

Post a Comment