About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Eggs!

The boys were driving me nuts the other day.  It was way too windy to let them play outside and we were running out of things they wanted to do inside.  So I started boiling 18 eggs and told them to come help me get ready for a fun project! 

Just getting started

Vince waiting patiently for his blue and green egg
I knew this could end up being ridiculously messy.  As long as Cecilia stayed asleep I figured it would be ok.  Just in case I locked the kids in the kitchen so the mess couldn't flow to the rest of the house.  We covered their little table with newspaper and got started.  A more prepared person would have made sure they weren't wearing anything nice.

Joel trying to dye all his eggs at once

Where can I move this egg to?

Vincent happy with his 2 green eggs

Joel's technique.  The pink cup has 3 eggs in it.

Are they done yet?

I gave the kids their own pile of eggs to avoid any fights.  Vince got started and made a green egg and a blue egg and then another green egg.  He waited for them to dry and then danced around the kitchen with the two green eggs. He was so excited!  I finally convinced him to dye 1 more egg but he really didn't care because he already had 2 eggs.  Then one of the green eggs cracked and he wanted to make another green egg.  Vince didn't get dirty at all!


Look at the concentration on his face!


And the excitement!

The green hands!

Joel was the complete opposite.  He would put 1 egg in each cup of color.  Then he would find more eggs to put on top of those eggs.  He was not happy unless every container had at least 1 egg.  I would put the eggs in the container for them to dry and he would move all the eggs around again.  I finally gave up and just waited for him to be done because he clearly didn't think any of the eggs should dry and they should just soak in the dye forever.


Joel's pretty egg!

The finished project!

Reaching for a green egg
Joel's hands were green when he got done.  The newspaper on the table was soaked.  And Joel was happy!  Then his day got better because his dirty hands meant he got to play in the sink with soap until his hands were a lighter shade of green.

Dancing in soapy water on the bathroom floor

No comments:

Post a Comment