About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On Call!

Imagine 2 crying kids that both want to be held, but one is sick and you don't want them by each other.  One is 3 weeks old.  One is almost 2 and has a fever.  The 3 1/2 year old is trying to be good but wants attention and food because after all it is dinner time.  Oh and your husband is half way around the world.  Sounds like fun doesn't it?  Luckily I was blessed to have back up about 25 minutes away!  My Mother in Law!!!

When I was trying to line up people to help out while Brad was gone I had asked Diane to take Vince one night ( I thought Vince and Joel would enjoy a little time apart) and to just be "on call" in case I needed help.  I knew I was going to need backup at some point it was just a matter of time.  When I called her that night she was over here really quickly and brought clothes so she could spend the night!  It was great!  She spent the night either holding Cecilia or Joel or playing with Vince depending on who was the neediest and would except someone other than me.  Diane also took Vince to Awana Club 2 weeks in a row, called every day to check on us (I think she was worried about my sanity), watched the kids so I could get some errands done and let us hang out at her house for pretty much 2 days in a row (sometimes you just need a change of scenery).  It was all so helpful and we are all very blessed to have her in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment