As the weather starts to warm up it can get rather windy at our house. The other day it was close to 50 degrees and the wind was supposed to pick up in the afternoon so the kids and I went outside late in the morning when the wind was supposedly only 20-30 mph. We are lucky that we can play in the shed if it is too windy out. For some strange reason I said something about going for a stroller ride. We have a rain/wind cover for the stroller so the boys would be fine and I had Cecilia in a baby carrier (which I call a pouch) in front of me. I thought we would stroll out to the barn they like to play in, play a little and then come back. Neither one of the boys wanted out of the stroller when we got to the barn and Joel threw a huge fit as we headed back to the house so I started pushing the stroller down the road.
I was really happy we don't have a lot of traffic on our road because we looked a bit silly, ok I was the one who looked goofy. I was wearing my winter coat, winter boots and stocking cap. Not that it was that cold but it was muddy and I didn't want to ruin my regular shoes. I had the hat on to keep my hair from blowing all over the place. Cecilia was bundled up in her pouch in front of me and I was pushing the stroller with the plastic cover over it. As we walked probably 1/4 of a mile away from the house the wind was at our back and I was feeling pretty good about how things were going. Then we turned around and I felt like we were never going to get home. The wind was blowing right at us, the kids were all warm and didn't care but I was getting discouraged. I was out of shape pushing 50+ lbs of kids with another 8 lbs hanging in front of me while wearing my heavy winter boots and walking into the wind. By the time we finally got home I was exhausted and sweating! It was quite the workout! The good news is only 1 of our neighbors saw me and 2 out of the 3 kids fell asleep on the walk.

No comments:
Post a Comment