About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grandpa Craig to Joel's rescue

While Brad was gone Joel just wasn't himself.  By the second week it was just pitiful.  I felt so bad for Joel he just didn't understand where Brad was and why he wasn't home.  Vince is at least old enough to understand.  Last week we went up to my in-laws on Tuesday to drop Vince off for a sleepover.  When I let Joel out of the truck he took off across the yard and headed toward the corn crib.  I went with him and he took me right to the small room where Brad spent many hours this fall testing grain moisture, the boys call it the co
rn shop.  Joel was very disappointed to see the room dark and empty.

Lighting candles for Grandpa's breakfast birthday celebration
When we finally made it into the house Joel had his new usual bad attitude and wasn't even happy with Grandma Diane!  Then Grandpa Craig walked into the house and started talking to Joel and suddenly Joel was a whole new kid.  I couldn't believe it and kind of thought it was a fluke.

Grandpa Craig pushing the boys on the swings...too fast for my cell phone camera

Joel carried around an antique jar and was cuddling it in the swing
The next morning Joel, Cecilia and I went back to pick up Vince and to celebrate Grandpa Craig's birthday and ended up staying all day.  It was a day full of good food and cake!  (Vince was very excited about celebrating Grandpa's birthday.)  Joel was always so happy when Grandpa was around.  The boys started eating dinner before Grandpa came in the house to eat.  Joel was throwing the mother of all fits because he wanted to eat the birthday cake before he ate dinner.  It was a fit that last over 30 minutes and was interrupted by two time outs.  He is a very determined child and tried everything to get the cake.  He tried to climb up to it and when that failed he just hung from the counter.  Then Grandpa walked in and sat down and Joel was perfectly happy and started eating dinner.  Now Grandma did move the cake but that doesn't always stop Joel from wanting something.  I told Grandpa Craig that he can't ever leave town for an extended period of time at the same time as Brad.  If Joel gets like this during planting and harvest then he is going to have to go with!

Making a cake for Grandpa's birthday dinner celebration

Grandpa and Vince...Joel was yelling "No" everytime he saw a camera pointed near him.




No comments:

Post a Comment