About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cardboard Car Wash

My mom came over Saturday afternoon and stayed with the us until Sunday afternoon.  It was fun having her all to ourselves.  Usually she comes with a car load of people and this time she was all alone!  She made us dinner, helped with bedtime, got up early with the boys so Cecilia and I could stay in bed until after 7am, went to church with us, kept Cecilia happy and helped entertain the boys.

Grandma Dawn helping Cecilia practice taking a bottle

A day or so before Grandma Dawn arrived Vince was watching Curious George on tv and wanted to build a car wash just like George did.  I had a few ideas on how we could do it but I just didn't have the time to construct the giant car wash that Vince wanted.  I told Vince that Grandma Dawn would be here in a couple days and she was really good and building stuff out of cardboard boxes.  It is true, my mom is super creative and could always make something out of practically nothing for us when we were growing up.  It didn't matter if it was for fun or a school or 4-H project she would pour all her creative energy into it and make whatever it was perfect!


Hard at work on the car wash

The finished product
The car wash was no exception.  With a small cardboard box, scissors, tape, straws, paper towels, and pencils she created an amazing car wash in less than 10 minutes under Vince's direction.  Vince remembered about the car wash about 5 minutes before my mom was planning on leaving so we they didn't have a lot of time.  We both knew that the way Vince was talking about it he had a definite plan in mind and my mom had to follow the plan in his head or it wasn't going to be successful.  Vince was so excited!

Top View

It has been a few days and Vince is still playing with the car wash.  He has told everyone he sees about the car wash.  I am still admiring it and attempting to keep it away from Joel.  At least now I know how to build another one.  Grandma's have a special way of doing things and I am sure I could never build it just right.

Better view of scrubbers and inside

It was nice having my mom around for a couple days!

No comments:

Post a Comment