About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Outdoor Ed Field trip

Vincent had a field trip the day before we left for our spring break trip.  Like any sane person would do I signed up as a chaperone for 3rd graders.  It wasn't particularly warm that day and I don't enjoy spending time outside and being cold.  I made Vincent take his chore coveralls and chore boots.  I did the same.  Stylish we were not, but we were not cold.  I was warm and because of that I was able to enjoy my day outside with the kids and not wishing I was inside and warm.


The kids go on an outdoor ed field trip every year to the same place.  I missed last year's field trip so I am not sure how that went.  This year started with the two leaders being rather grumpy because the buses showed up late.  Followed by them having very short fuses with the kids.  They were very strict and I felt like they made something really fun into something rather miserable for the kids.  To the extent that if kids deviated from the hiking trail in the woods more than 1 foot they were being told to get back on the trail.  It was relatively flat and we weren't near any drop offs.  The kids seemed happy to not be at school and also annoyed to be there all at the same time.  While I realize they have a lot of information to cover in a short period of time I wish they made it more fun for the kids.  Many years it is the only field trip the kids take.


I did have fun hanging out with Vincent and his friends.  This is their 3rd year together so I recognize them all and know 80% by name and they other 20% I mess up their names and I feel bad about that.  I should know them all better.  They are all sweet, smart kids.  The great thing about the field trip was that several parents I am friends with also were chaperones, so we got to chat and spend time together and that was really nice.


Vincent standing up wearing his coveralls with a coat on too!

No comments:

Post a Comment