About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Baseball Practice Dilemmas


Vincent has started his second year of baseball.  His love for it depends on the day and what else is going on.  We were practicing at a field close to our house which was awesome because it is rare to have an activity on our side of town.  The field was near a park, but the park was not super close.  It was far enough away that I couldn't see the whole thing from the field only half of it and the kids wouldn't hear me if I yelled.  Joel and Cecilia playing there without me is ok, but not Dean.  Although Dean doesn't share the same opinion, he is after all a toddler and should be allowed to do all things the big kids do.    I finally relented and told the kids I would go to the park with them.  We were half way there when Cecilia decided she had to use a bathroom.  The only bathroom is the Port-a-Potty that was on the opposite side of the field from the park.  Dean wouldn't hear of waiting and Cecilia was convinced if we didn't run to the bathroom she was going to have an accident.  I did not have time for terrorist negotiations.  Joel said he would take Dean and watch him.  I love Joel to death but I worry about his ability to take care of himself let alone keep his eyes on Dean at all time and make sure Dean makes safe choices.  I agreed thinking by the time they got to the park we would be heading that direction and I would be able to see them from across the field.  Plus Dean adores Joel and probably wouldn't leave his side.


Standing outside the bathroom I was able to keep an eye on the boys.  Cecilia took a bit longer in the bathroom than I expected and I had to go in and help her.  Then I was no longer able to watch the boys at the park.  Dean is usually good about making safe choices but this was a park he had not been to before.  Cecilia and I ran to the park and the boys were fine.  Dean was mad because Joel was walking up the slide and Dean wanted to go down it.  They both were happy and having fun!  Apparently my stress was for nothing.  I still don't plan on repeating that scenario anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment