Getting ready for vacation is always a big job. From making sure we have weather appropriate clothes, extra sheets, bikes, sand toys, stuff for the dog, shoes of all types, food, to making sure the RV is in proper working order. Add to that a plan that is in limbo because of several out of box ideas your husband has and making sure chores at home are taken care of.
This year I was able to get everyone's clothes 90% packed ahead of time. There is always something is the wash we are waiting for. I also had everyone's bike helmets, books, movies and electronic devices packed and ready to go ahead of time. The original plan was to pick the boys up from school and leave from there. That would have been around 3pm. That didn't happen, the kids took the bus home because we were running behind. Brad had a few things to get done at the farm before we left. I had some last minute packing and organizing I didn't have time to do earlier in the week and we had a few things to take care of in the barn before we left. While were running behind we still managed to leave home by 6pm. I was very happy with that.
 |
| Our Amazing Driver! |
 |
| She is a fabulous navigator |
We were very low on groceries in our house and I never got around to shopping before we left. Diane was nice enough to smoke some pork tenderloins and chicken breasts for us and she delivered those right before we left. Other than a few random snacks we had nothing in the RV. Not even milk and Dean can't live without milk. We knew we would be stopping for dinner on the way and that we would be sleeping in a Walmart parking lot and I was planning on grocery shopping in the morning.
 |
| Trying to pass the time |
 |
| He wanted a picture of us and our sunglasses |
Due to some traffic on the route Friday night we didn't make it has far as we wanted, despite Brad driving until very late. Normally it doesn't matter much but we had plans to be at a friend's farm in N.C. Saturday by 5 pm. The parking lot we were in had a lot of lights. Very bright lights. At 4 am Vincent crawled into our bed and said it is morning get up. I had to inform him that it wasn't morning. He pointed out it was very bright outside and I pointed out that those were lights and not the sun. He went back to bed. In his defense he was asleep when we stopped for the night. After a few hours I heard Vincent, Joel and Dean all awake and talking. Brad and Cecilia needed more sleep so I took them into Walmart in their pjs. I changed into clothes. We did all the shopping and by the time we made it back to the RV Brad and Cecilia were up and ready to go. Everyone was very excited because Saturday was the day we were driving thru 3 new states, W.V, VA, and NC. They all wanted to be the navigator up front with Brad so they could earn the right to put a state on our map. As usual Cecilia spent the most time in the navigator seat, but it was less than on previous trips. Bristol was joining us for the first time on one of our longer trips. She planted herself on her dog bed right between the driver's seat and the passenger seat.
 |
| Out of his car seat and in a big boy seat belt for lunchtime |
 |
| A tunnel thru a mountain |
 |
| Bristol...she spent 90% of the travel time in this location |
 |
| We aren't in IL anymore! |
 |
| He was supposed to be navigating, but he is clearly on his kindle. |
No comments:
Post a Comment