6 people, 10 days, 1 dog and bedding for 5 beds meant that we literally could not walk thru our laundry room without climbing on a pile of laundry. It took many days to get it all washed and put away. I was pretty excited when it was all done!
Being back to school brought some challenges for us. You see we went from playing, riding bikes and being physically active a majority of the day. The kids slept well, ate well and were overall very happy. However once the kids were back in school they were sitting in school, having indoor recess because of the rain, and coming home to sit and do homework. All the kids, but especially Joel, were bouncing off the walls. It was crazy around here or rather I was going crazy and wishing we were back on vacation!
We went from Joel needing fewer reminders to being unfocused. He actually remembered to put shoes on before going outside without us tell him to on vacation. He suddenly knew how to brush his teeth and find his clothes. It was wonderful and amazing! Then we came back home and he is unfocused and nocturnal again. Although I am not sure you can even call it nocturnal because he doesn't sleep during the day. He just comes alive around bedtime and has no desire or really need to sleep. On the bright side it is almost summer and I can keep him physically active most days and sleep with return. We just need to make it thru the end of May. My sanity may or may not leave me before then. ;)
Joel's usual statement at night (no matter what we have done all day); I really wish there was something fun to do or Mommy what fun things can we do now? I respond with sleep and he is never happy about that.

No comments:
Post a Comment