About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Friday, April 21, 2017

Our Last day on Tybee

Friday morning was our last morning on Tybee Island.  We had to check out by 11 am and I think we rolled out of there at 11:02.  Brad and Cecilia made one last trip to the beach to look for a pink shell.  The big boys rode bikes around camp.  Dean wouldn't be left behind so he rode his balance bike around.  He was much faster than he was at the beginning of the week and Bristol and I had to move a lot faster to keep up.  At one point we were looking for Vincent and found his bike by the pool.  I panicked that he might be in the pool and even checked the bottom of the pool for him.  Then I heard his voice far away and saw him playing on a skate board.  He made a friend, his friend had an extra skate board, Vince forgot his bike.  Once we met up with Vince, Joel and their new friends Dean didn't want to leave.  I told Dean we needed to go see if Cecilia and Daddy were back and he said "No, I stay with the brothers!"  Sorry, kid I barely trust them riding their bikes around camp without watching you too.



One last bike ride before we get in the RV and head home



Cecilia adding Virginia.


Once Cecilia and Brad returned from the beach we took a quick bike ride around town.  Then back to the RV to load up bikes and pack the last few items.  On the way out of town we thought about stopping in Savannah and walking around.  It appeared to be a very neat, old city to walk around, but we were all loaded up and only 30 minutes into our 15-16 hour drive and we just didn't feel like stopping so soon.  The kids loved seeing the old buildings and trolleys as we drove through downtown Savannah.  Brad loved seeing container ships again.  We will have to go back and explore Savannah another time.

Vincent adding North Carolina


Joel adding South Carolina.  Dean added West Virginia, but it took Brad and I to both help him, so no pictures.

Our original route home was going to take us through Atlanta.  We didn't watch the news on vacation, but I happened to see a news article on social media that a friend shared about the fire on the interstate in Atlanta.  Brad wanted no part of that mess, so we found another route home.  This route would take us right through the Smoky Mountains.  If nothing else we figured it would be a scenic drive.  Our goal was to get to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area that night.  We made our goal with a few pit stops along the way.  We stopped at a rest area because the kids and Bristol all need to stretch their legs.  The boys wanted a frisbee and we didn't have any so I grabbed a plastic plate we had that claimed it would float and could be a frisbee.  They were not lying it made an excellent frisbee!  While we were at the rest area we added our 4 new states from this trip to the map.  They kids really look forward to doing that.  When we arrived in Pigeon Forge that evening we grabbed food and parked in a Walmart parking lot that clearly said no staying over night.  However there were 4 other campers and 2 semis there and we didn't think they were going to kick us out.  The Walmart parking lot at 8 pm made rush hour traffic seem mild.  When we woke up in the morning we didn't realize we were in the middle of everything.  Neon signs everywhere.  It was Wisconsin Dells on steroids!  I am surprised there aren't more accidents with people trying to see everything there is to see.  It was unreal!



Finally asleep









No comments:

Post a Comment