About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Dean and Opossums


This past summer we had a opossum kill a few chickens.  One was Gimpy, our chicken with a deformed leg and an eye that didn't work, but the kids loved her.  Probably because they could tell her apart form all the other chickens and she was slow so they could easily catch her.  Then the opossum injured our rooster so bad he died from his wounds.  For months (not exaggerating) Dean would say with great sadness "Rooroo (rooster) died.  Possum kill him." and he would hang his head down and look so sad.  Sometimes he adds "He kill Gimpy."  Months went by with Dean talking about this all the time.  On day my friend's son said "We know the rooster died.  The opossum killed it.  Get over it already!"  I tried not to laugh.


Days later we caught the opossum in a trap and Brad killed it.  Brad sent me a picture for proof.  The kids saw the picture and Cecilia and Dean were fascinated.  They zoomed in to the details and Dean would ask for days to see the dead opossum and would show it to unsuspecting bystanders.  Dean doesn't like opossums but he enjoys seeing dead opossums.  He also gets great pleasure out of saying mean things about them.  He would even joke about eating one.  We were at my inlaws for dinner and my father in law cooked a pork tenderloin.  Dean hasn't been eating well and my mother in law told him it was opossum and that we were all having opossum for dinner.  He was so very excited!  He ate a ton of meat that night.  A few day later we were having corn beef and I told him it was opossum because I wanted him to try it.  He refused because "this is red meat and possum is white meat."  He talks so much about opossums that it is going to become his nickname.

No comments:

Post a Comment