Dean seemed to have little too much fun running around the jail cell and hanging on the bars of it. Cecilia was surprised to find out that if you spend the night there you had to lay on the concrete bench. It made an impression on her. All the police officers we saw in the station were very nice and happy to talk to the kids. One police officer explained what all the tools on his uniform were and what they did in preschool language. It was entertaining to hear him explain a taser gun in a way preschoolers could understand and not be scared of. He said if the bad guys were being mean to him he could use it to make them freeze. I thought he did a nice job! It was an interesting field trip and I learned a lot and Cecilia now thinks she wants to be a police officer.
A way to keep family and friends updated on our family and farming.
About Me
- Kelli
- I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Dean and Cecilia Get Locked in Jail
Dean and I were lucky enough to tag along on Cecilia's class field trip to the Plainfield Police Department. It was pretty cool! They gave all the kids little deputy badges before they started the tour. The kids are studying a unit on transportation so we were there to see vehicles mostly but also to get a tour. We learned about taking finger prints and how they find fingerprints. They showed us the van they used to transport evidence. We saw a couple police motorcycles, a bicycle, two different police SUVs, and their special show 'n tell vehicle. They showed us their indoor shooting range, gave us a tour of the jail cells (they let the kids go in one and they locked them in there for a minute or two.) and the kids each had their mugshots taken. Most of the kids were smiling but one kid made a sad face and it was hilarious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment