Last Wednesday Vincent and Joel seemed to think that "no you can't sleep in my bed" meant sneak into Mommy and Daddy's bed. They are getting big and while I can still move them it isn't easy. Brad quickly volunteered to take Vincent's bed. It is the newest mattress we have in the house, it is very comfortable and it is a full sized bed. I like sleeping there too!
I squeezed in our bed between the boys and slept like a rock from 11:30 pm-3 am when Dean woke up screaming. I brought him in bed with me and we snuggled for a bit. He then loudly demanded his blankets, so I went up and grabbed them. 20 minutes later he demanded a glass of milk. I begrudgingly complied because I wanted sleep and didn't want the other boys to wake up. At that point Cecilia woke up and joined us in bed. The boys sleep like a pile of puppies and Cecilia doesn't like anyone touching her. It doesn't go well. Dean was mad his blanket wasn't perfectly arranged over the top of him. He stole my pillow and was angry I had a blanket at all. That arguing went on and off for over an hour. At 5:30 I was at my wits end and brought Dean to Brad. Dean was less than thrilled. At this point Joel wet my bed and Vince, Joel and Cecilia were all sort of awake. I put a towel over the wet spot and left them all to go run on the treadmill. It was the only thing that was going to save my sanity at that point. None of the big kids fell back to sleep and I found them arguing in my room after my run. However, Brad did manage to get Dean to fall asleep! It was a very long day for me! I put a smile on my face for work and had the kids in bed by 8:30. I was in bed by 8:45 and slept like a baby...well one that actually sleeps thru the night.

No comments:
Post a Comment