About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Horses and Rockets



A couple Saturdays ago Joel and I were out doing some horse errands (vaccines and such) while Brad, Vincent and Cecilia were at home.  I had asked Joel if he wanted to come with and he was super excited.  We were going to drive the beetle and the kids all love riding in the beetle, because it usually means they are the only kid getting to go somewhere with a parent or two!  We went to Grandma Dawn’s and he got to play with Aunt Kasi and Brandon while I did some work.  Then we went to the Thompson’s and he got to play with Aunt Linda.  To top it all off on the way home he got McDonald’s for lunch.  McDonald’s cheeseburgers are currently his favorite food!  


Vincent and Brad and their rocket


Cecilia and Joel

Joel and the stop rocket

The stomp!


The rocket was launched!  Good job Joel!

When we got home Brad and Vincent were excited to show us the rocket they had been working on while we were gone.  They had been waiting since Christmas to launch the rocket and we were all very excited.  Actually I wasn’t that excited and then once they launched it the first time for me I was really impressed and was super excited to watch it launch the second time.


Daddy and Vincent getting ready to launch their big rocket


Blasting off!

Vincent and Joel working together...sort of

Vincent's approach

Just about to jump.  Joel is supervising.


The take off!


We also played with the stomp rocket the kids got for Christmas!  That was a blast!  We all had to take turns and it was hard because all of us (adults included) were having so much fun.  Cecilia watched for a little bit and then she was not happy about only watching and quickly grabbed a rocket, figured out how to put it on and get in line for her turn.  Joel and Cecilia both had a lot of fun stomping on the rocket when Vincent was lining up for a very long run toward the rocket.  Vincent is under the belief that the farther away he starts, the more speed he gains and the higher the rocket is launched.  It wears him out and I haven’t bothered to tell him it isn’t completely true.  Joel likes to be like his big brother and has taken the same approach, he just doesn’t run as far!



Cecilia was not happy she was stuck in the wagon



Cecilia's turn!


Launching the rocket again!



I love having boys and doing all these fun boy things that I never experienced growing up!



No comments:

Post a Comment