About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

New Trapeze Tricks



The last Sunday in April Brad and I went for another trapeze lesson.  It is addicting and we really enjoy going!  Each lesson has people of all levels of training at it, so we have people that are flying for the first time to people who have been doing it for a long time and are so much fun to watch.  Brad and I fall in between.  We look more relaxed and confident than the people that have never done it but we are still in awe of the people that know all kinds of impressive tricks.

Brad and I each learned a new trick this time.  I learned a set whip and Brad learned heels off.   New tricks make me a little nervous because I don’t want to forget any of the steps, plus you don’t always get to see one demonstrated (more than on the mat) before you go.  Brad and I would take turns videoing each other so we could see how we were doing our tricks and what they looked like to everyone else.  The coaches are very encouraging and helpful at explaining what you did right and what you need to improve on for your next turn.

The lesson was fun and Brad and I both were successful with our catches.  That is when there is someone on the catch bar, we do our trick for real and when we let go our hands end up in the catcher’s hands.  It all happens very quickly, but in some respects seems like slow motion too.  It was a great couple hours and afterwards we got to have a lunch date!

My dad and my sisters were nice enough to hang out with the kids so Brad and I could have some time alone pretending we weren’t parents.  We both love our kids dearly but there is something a little refreshing about going somewhere that no one knows anything about you other than you think the trapeze if fun.

After we picked up the kids and we were heading home Vincent asked up “why does Nanno bite my toes and why does he think they are French fries?  They are just toes!”  I started with saying “because he is Nanno, you are Italian and that is what a Nanno does.  My Nanno did that to my fingers too.”  He didn’t seem to like that answer so I followed with “he only does it because he loves you!”  Vincent said “but I don’t want him to do that”.  I told him that he doesn’t bite hard and he is just joking, but the whole conversation was starting to sound ridiculous so I just changed the subject.  Next time I will tell him to offer up Cecilia instead, she will probably think it was hilarious!



No comments:

Post a Comment