About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Joel's Magic Trick

After our trapeze lesson we headed to Brad's cousin's (Matt) house to see his Great Aunt Marge!  She is my mother in law's aunt.  She is an amazing, smart, strong, Christian women!  We all love Aunt Marge.  She lives in Michigan, so when she is in the area we do our best to see her.  While we were at Matt's house we were able to have a tour of the house that Aunt Marge and Grandpa Keith (Diane's dad) grew up in.  It had recently been remodeled, and it was fun to see it.  We have a rocking chair that was Grandma Grace's (Marge and Keith's mom) in our house and Diane was able to tell me where the chair used to sit in the house by the window.  I love hearing family history, really anyone's family history, it is just fascinating.


After the tour we went to Matt's new shed and got a tour of that too.  He is in the process of finishing the upstairs and the kids thought it was really cool.  You could go in a tiny crawl space on one end and crawl all the way to the other end without adults really being able to see you or get to you.  The first time thru Vincent lead and Joel followed.  Brad and I knew there was a 50/50 chance Joel would freak out but we didn't want to discourage him, so we encouraged him to go and held our breath.  I figured if he really did freak out part way through we would figure out a plan then.  It turns out that Joel loved it!  He wanted to do it again, but Vincent wouldn't lead, so Joel went first and Vincent followed.  It was really dark in there but they both loved it!  Cecilia on the other hand was not happy that I wouldn't let her go.  It stinks to only be one year old and not get to do everything your brothers do.


Later that evening as the kids were all running around and playing with their cousins I noticed a diaper on the ground.  My kids were the only ones there wearing diapers.  No one had change a diaper since we got there so I couldn't figure out why it was laying on the ground.  I thought maybe Cecilia stole a clean one out of the diaper bag, but the diaper was wet.  Both Joel and Cecilia were fully clothed.  It turned out that it was Joel who was missing his diaper, but he was still wearing his pants.  Actually Joel doesn't know how to take off his own pants, so I have no idea how it happened.  I asked Vincent if he saw Joel do it, but he didn't see anything!  While taking off your diaper while leaving your pants on is a great magic trick, I am thankful that it hasn't been repeated in the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment