About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Let's go fly a kite...



Spring time around our house brings a lot of wind.  We play a little game called what side of the shed/house can we play on so we don’t get blown away by the wind.  When all else fails we just play in the shed!  The boys get excited about the wind because they like to fly kites and it is really hard to explain to them that too much wind will make it hard to fly a kite.  Instead of arguing, which I tried but lost, I let them attempt to fly kites.  They learned that sometimes (I like to believe it is most of the time) Mommy is right.  The kites barely got off the ground and it was not pretty.  The two kites we were flying ended up in a twisted mess.

Vincent holding tight to his kite

A few days later we tried the kites again.  This time the wind wasn’t so fierce.  I helped Vincent get a kite off the ground and then I helped Joel with his kite.  Joel enjoyed it for all of 3 minutes and then he found the sandbox and tree house.  Cecilia was already in the sandbox and didn’t care about the kites at all.  Vincent did a great job and even got the kite up in the air by himself a few times.  Plus he was nice enough to give Joel a turn flying the kite.  

Joel having trouble with his kite


Somehow the kite got away from Vincent and we all ended up in the pasture chasing it.  We managed to catch it but a few minutes later it was stuck in a tree.  We tried to get it unstuck but it didn’t work.  That is when I looked over at our big sycamore tree, our kite from last year is still stuck in the top of the tree.  The kids and I were a little disappointed in our kite flying skills.  Luckily the next day we found our kite from this year in the field across the street and rescued it!

Joel taking a turn flying a kite


We have 4 more kites in the prize box, maybe we can get each one stuck in a different tree this spring!  It is an achievable goal!  




No comments:

Post a Comment