About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, August 27, 2012

No Naps for Vincent!


For the last several months it has been hit or miss if Vince would take a nap.  He would always go upstairs and try but he would only end up taking a nap 4/7 days a week.  He is 4 and I was just happy he was still napping.  Then over the last few weeks I noticed he would stay up in his room “reading” to himself for about an hour after I put him to bed.  It would be close to 10pm when he would fall asleep and then he would be up early.  

I knew that once school started I wouldn’t be able to let him stay up so late and I would need him to go to bed earlier.  The Saturday before school started (after he went 2 days with no nap) I sat him down and told him he was no longer allowed to take naps.  The only time he could have a nap was when he was sick or if we were going to be up late for a party.  He was THRILLED!  He wanted to know if he could take a quick snooze in the car when we were driving around.  I told him that was fine.  He was ecstatic!  This was way too easy!


Cecilia and Vincent hanging out while Joel naps


That same day we implemented a new bedtime and everyone has to start getting ready around 7:30 with the goal of being in bed by 8pm.  It is not something Brad and I are real excited to enforce.  We are trying to be good about it, but it is going to take a little training on our parts.  We have found that even though we started this for Vince, since he is in school now, Joel goes right along with it and has actually started sleeping a little later in the morning.

The other benefit is that Cecilia gets to be up with just us for a few hours.  I am torn between thinking that she enjoys it and thinking she is bored because her brothers aren’t around to entertain her.  Plus, Brad and I get some time at night without the kids around to just relax or get some more work done.  Maybe I will be able to start getting to bed earlier too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment