About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

City Mouse Visits the Country


My cousin Angela came out to watch our kids for a couple days last week.  She did an amazing job and the kids were so excited to have her here and they were so excited that she was spending the night.  I was excited too, but I really wished that I could have stayed home from work and spent time with Angela too.

The first day was a little rough for Angela.  Joel decided to test her and quickly found out that if he tried to do something to Cecilia (grab at her, hit her, etc) that Angela would squeal and it not only got him attention but aggravated Angela.   Once he figures out what he has to do to aggravate you and get a little attention in the process he won’t give it up unless he gets a time out (sometimes that doesn’t even help!).  

I was surprised when Angela agreed to babysit for the kids.  She is a wonderful babysitter and loves my kids, but she lives in the suburbs, I live in the middle of nowhere and it makes her uncomfortable not having a neighbor close.  She has a big fear that some random person will show up at our house.  I told her that that rarely happens.  Then on the first day she was watching the kids a random car pulled up and Angela was apparently about to call 911 when she realized it was her friend!  From what I understand, her friend had been out of the country for a while and when she got back she thought she would surprise Angela and drove to Angela’s house.  Angela wasn’t there, she was at my house and my cousin Andrew pointed Angela’s friend toward our house.  The poor girl is just back in the USA and then has to drive an extra almost 1.5 hours one way to surprise Angela!  We all need a great friend like that.

The second day went better from what I was told, but I am pretty sure the kids exhausted Angela!  There are a lot of things to do around our house and yard, but the kids still need a lot of help staying occupied and it can be tiring when you aren’t used to it.  Hopefully Angela will agree to babysit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment