About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Monday, August 27, 2012

Farm Parties!


During August we hosted two different parties for the farm.  The first party was an employee party at our house.  We do some sort of employee appreciation even each year.  In the past we have gone to baseball games and family fun centers.  We don’t have very many employees (only 4 nonseasonal employees) and they work hard and deserve to be treated to a night of fun and fellowship.


Dinner time!



So many little boys around.  The girls were out numbered.



The toad the kids found


We had food, drinks, the water slide going for the kids, carriage rides with Ray, cookies, ice cream, water balloons and a fire to roast marshmallows and make s’mores.  There were kids running in all directions and having a blast!  It was a fun evening!


Visiting


The two high schoolers discussing how they didn't want to go to school the next day


Joel enjoying his food


The other farm party we have in August is our summer barbeque or open house for our landlords and everyone we do business with from equipment dealers to crop insurance to marketing, etc.  We host that at the main farm.  We just want to show everyone that we appreciate doing business with them and we like to give them a look at our full operation instead of just the small portion of it that they contribute to.


Melani and Bailey



Water slide




I have no idea what was going on


Everything at the farm gets cleaned up for the party and the equipment gets lined up so everyone can take a look at it.  There is a bouncy house for the kids and even some horse rides.  It was a busy (I never even took 1 picture!) and nice evening and it seemed like our guests all enjoyed themselves.


One of my favorite pictures!  Joel and Bailey



Melani driving the gator


Although I did get a note from Brad’s cousin the next day saying next year we could keep our little surprise.  A mouse had climbed in her purse when she was at the party and when she was getting something out of it at home a mouse ran up her arm.  She flung it across the room with a scream and her husband had to find it before they went to bed.  She said it was definitely larger than a city mouse!  I felt bad that a mouse jumped into her purse, but I couldn’t help but laugh when I read her note.  Hopefully no one else took home a mouse!



Keith was filling water balloons for everyone, but maybe not in this picture



Loyal employees



Getting the fire started!


No comments:

Post a Comment