About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Nanno visits!


A couple weeks ago my dad decided he was going to drive out and visit us!  We were very excited and it was a nice treat for a Monday morning.  Between our vacation and my dad’s vacation it had been awhile since we had seen him.  It was the Monday before school started and Vince was so excited to show Nanno how he could write his name.  Vince was also really excited when he found out that he and Nanno had the same name!

Joel and his two donuts

Cecilia wishing Nanno would give her a donut

Vince showing Nanno how the slide works


When my dad came he brought some fun treats for the kids: donuts and toys from Spain.  I don’t get the kids donuts very often and if I do they rarely have sprinkles.  Nanno brought 2 donuts for each of the boys and they had sprinkles!  Joel cried when they were gone.  I don’t know what the name of the toy is that Nanno brought and it is really hard to explain.  It looks like a rocket with wings on the top and a blue light on the side.  You use a rubber band to shoot it up into the air and then it floats down and it the dark they look neat.  My dad brought 3 to our house.  I think by the end of the day all 3 had broken wings, but they still worked.  


Playing!


I have no idea what was going on


Nanno trying to make it fly higher than Vince can



Checking out the damage from the fall


Vince caught on quickly on how to work the new toys.  Joel was less interested but did “help” me a couple times.  Vince could send the toys flying higher into the air than my dad or I could and we were trying really hard.  A couple times when he was next to the house shooting them up into the air it went up as high as our attic.  We only got 1 stuck in a tree and by the end of the night it fell out.



Serious discussion about something



Vince getting ready to send the toy flying



Nanno and Cecilia


It was so cute to see Vince trying to show Nanno every possible thing he loves to play with.  We played on the tree house, in the yucky barn, practiced writing “Vincent” and played baseball.  When it was time for my dad to leave Vince was not happy.  He was crying because he didn’t get to race Nanno around the house.  My dad agreed to a race around the house before he left.  When he finally went to leave you could tell Vince was thinking of something else to do so Nanno couldn’t leave.  It was a fun visit and luckily it won’t be that long before we see Nanno again.


Nanno and Cecilia

Joel...yes we left pjs on until lunch time


Big Smiles on Everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment