About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Katie Days come to an end


About a year and a half ago Brad and I decided that we needed a nanny to come to our house and watch the kids.  It was getting way too difficult and stressful to bring the kids to someone’s house.  I was crabby with the kids in the morning and I just didn’t like it.  Lucky for me we were able to hire a wonderful person named Katie to watch our kids.  Katie used to be my nieces nanny and I was thrilled to hire her.

Katie had been a godsend for our family!  She watched the kids, taught the kids, did crafts with the kids and loved the kids.  She cooked, cleaned, organized and became a wonderful friend!   Even when the boys were naughty, the house was a mess, or there weren’t very many groceries Katie never complained and just went to work making the best of it. 

Katie would bring her daughter Olivia with when she watched the boys.  Olivia is right in between the boys ages and became best friends with Vince.  She liked all of us and after some time became very fond of Brad.   When Cecilia was born and Brad was out of town the couple days right after we got home from the hospital, Katie and Olivia came over and took care of all of us!  Olivia was so excited to meet Cecilia and was so happy once I went back to work and Cecilia got to stay at home with them.  Olivia would always make sure to give Cecilia a kiss before she and Katie went home at night.

The boys loved having Katie and Olivia over so much that they looked forward to what they called “Katie days.”  At bedtime Vince likes to know what is going to happen the next day and would get so excited when I would say it was a Katie Day!  

Katie just had a baby a couple days ago and we are thrilled for her and her family!  However, we are sad because there will be no more Katie days.  We would have loved for Katie to stay on with us but it meant she would have 5 children 4 and under (4, 3, 2, 6 months and a newborn) for 12 hours by herself two days a week.  Katie thought that would be a bit much and so did I.  I didn’t want my children being responsible for her losing her sanity!  Two weeks ago was Katie’s last day.  I was sad at first, but then I realize we could have “Katie and Mommy days” or “Mommy and Kelli days.”  Either way it meant we could have play dates and I would get to stay and socialize instead of going to work!

We have been so blessed to have Katie and Olivia as part of our family for the last year and a half!  We look forward to continuing this lifelong friendship between our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment