About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Toulaflage

Vince has two blankets that he loves.  One has polka dots and one has camouflage patches on it.  He received both of them as gifts as an infant  The polka dot one was from my mom and the camouflage one was from Brad's cousin.  Vince calls the camouflage one "toulaflage."  At first Vince had 4 blankets he was ok with but over time it has evolved into just needing the polka dot and camouflage blanket.  For a couple years now we haven't been able to leave the house without both blankets and if they had to be washed he would asked every 20 minutes if they were ready yet.  When we were out and about the blankets usually just stayed in the car unless it was close to nap or bedtime.  If Joel even looked at the blankets Vince would get upset.  Recently Vince has decided that Brad can borrow toulaflage.  He makes sure that toulaflage is in our bed every night and if Brad leaves the house he makes sure Brad remembers to take toulaflage.  Toulaflage usually just stays at home but Vince is so worried about the blanket and always makes sure Brad is taking good care of toulaflage.  Out of habit I have put toulaflage back in Vince's room a couple times and Vince gets all upset about it and tells me "Toulaflage is for Daddy!"  It is adorable to see him share something that means so much to him.

Vince with his blankets. I was blocking his movie when I was taking the picture.  He wasn't happy that I took toulaflage away from Daddy to take a picture.


Brad is so honored by the fact that Vince is sharing his blanket with him.  Now Brad also makes sure he knows were the blanket is.  Brad tells Vince how much he likes having toulaflage to sleep with and Vince reminds him to take good care of toulaflage.  I wonder if toulaflage will get to go out of town with Brad or if Vince will make him keep it at home.  Time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment