About Me

My photo
I am married to a wonderful man who is my best friend. I have 3 wonderful boys and a little girl who make me laugh everyday. I love my life, even if it is a little crazy from time to time.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

An afternoon of spoiling

Saturday evening my Grandma Pat and Papa called and wanted to see the boys on Sunday.  She had the idea that they could meet us at church in the morning and take the boys home with them.  I told her she didn't know what she was getting into and she assured me she did.  After church we switched vehicles with my grandparents and they took off for their house with the boys.  Brad and I spent the afternoon visiting his aunts and cousins.  It was very relaxing and I could actually hear and participate in the conversation without the boys around.

When we got to my grandparents' the boys were excited to see us but you could tell they had a lot of fun!  There were toys everywhere and stories of Joel trying to climb everything and the boys playing well together.  But the story that made me the proudest was that when my grandma told me that she had gotten the boys Happy Meals and they came with pop.  We have a rule at our house that Vince is allowed to have pop but only at parties.  My grandma told me that Vince said "My mommy and daddy say I can't have pop except at parties."  My grandma had to tell Vince they were having a party and it was ok.  Although in the process I think he convinced her to bake a cake because they were having a party.  I never asked if that is what happened, but Vince thinks that every party needs a cake.

While we were there Joel climbed up on the counter and literally attacked the cake as my Grandma was trying to put it away.  It was like he had never seen food before in his life.  He may have even growled a little when he did it and he came away with 2 large fistfuls of cake and a very large grin on his face!

The boys had a great time and fell asleep on the way home and slept through the transfer from the car to their rooms and even slept through the night.  Sleeping through the night is a rare thing for both of the boys lately, so it was a nice treat for Brad and I to actually get to sleep through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment